Last updated on: 30 January 2019
Welcome and thanks for using Grappzie!
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT
Creating an account
When you register for an account with Grappzie, you voluntarily provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the Platform or the Services, including: (1) your first name; (2) your last name and (3) your email address. In addition, you may voluntarily provide your location and date of birth in the ‘Profile’ page of the App, together with any other information as may be necessary in order to use Platform and/or the Services.
If you use a Third Party Login Provider (as such term is defined the Terms and Conditions), to login to the App and access the Services, then we may collect certain information related to or associated with your account with that Third Party Login Provider. You may have the ability to control what information is shared from Third Party Login Providers through the relevant privacy settings provided thereby.
Using the Platform
- We may record details of your use of the Platform and Services, including, but not limited to, traffic data; location data; weblogs; searches you made; page response times; errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, taps, clicks and mouse-overs); methods used to browse away from a page; the types of content that you view or engage with and the features you use.
- We may record technical information about your Device (as such term is defined in the Terms and Conditions) including, your Grappzie application version; your IP address; certain settings on your Device; your operating system and platform; browser type; the types of Device you are using to access the Platform or use a Service; your Device’s unique ID; network connection type (e.g. WiFi, 3G, 4G) and provider; and network and Device performance.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication whether by email, letter or otherwise.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR DATA
We require Your Data to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- for internal record keeping
- to provide you with the Services, products or information you asked for
- to process any order you have made or transactions you enter into with us
- to carry out our obligations
- to improve our products and Services
- to send promotional emails about news, new products, campaigns, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- notifying you of changes to our services or products.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
There are circumstances in which we will need to disclose Your Data to other parties, this may include:
To payment processors
We may share Your Data in order for our third party payment processors to process information such as credit or debit card payments for us, to provide support services to you or to carry out fraud checks for us.
To other third party service providers
We may share Your Data with other third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations in connection with provisions of Services and availability of the Platform and the features and content presented therein, including but not limited to, our cloud providers and analytic providers for storage and analysis, as the case may be.
For legal or tax reasons
We may share Your Data in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law, or to respond to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, a court order, or a subpoena.
To purchasers of our business
We may share Your Data in the case of a merger or corporate reorganisation or when we sell, or negotiate to sell, all or part our business to an acquirer or prospective acquirer.
To our group companies
We may share Your Data with our other group companies in order to provide the Services and the Platform to you.
We are committed to ensuring that Your Data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Your Data that we collect. We limit access to Your Data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing Your Data will do so only in an authorised manner. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Data transmitted to or through the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA UP TO DATE
If you believe that any of Your Data that we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the below address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We keep Your Data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain Your Data for is determined by operational and legal considerations. We review our retention periods on a regular basis.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- require us to correct any mistakes in Your Data concerning you which we hold
- require the erasure of Your Data concerning you in certain situations
- receive Your Data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of Your Data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of Your Data
- otherwise restrict our processing of Your Data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. your user email address),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
GET IN TOUCH
You can write to us at Grappzie Limited, 29 Maltings Place, Tower Bridge Road, London, United Kingdom, SE1 3JB or email email@example.com